Last Updated on
Spiced pumpkin pancakes recipe – spiced pumpkin pancakes is a perfect breakfast recipe to enjoy in fall. Pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon, butter milk and eggs make these pancakes moist and fluffy.
I used canned pumpkin puree in the recipe, you can easily find the canned pumpkin in any grocery store here in U.S.
The addition of nutmeg and cinnamon compliment the pumpkin very well in these pancakes.
Don’t have the pumpkin puree, you can replace the pumpkin with banana puree.
But if you are planning to make plain pancakes, add more milk to give a flowing consistency for the batter.
Please do take a look at my other breakfast recipes–
Few baked recies from the blog –
Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes Recipes-
Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
(if using the yogurt, wisk it with some water)
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cups milk
(may want to add more or less depending on desired viscosity)
- If using a griddle, preheat the griddle to 350 degrees F. A non-stick pan can also be used instead of griddle.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin spice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pureed pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs and butter. Pour the ingredients of the small bowl into the ingredients of the medium bowl. Stir to form a smooth batter.
- Grease the pan with butter and pour the batter in the form of pan cake and cook each side for about two to three minutes.
- Serve with pancakes with a dollop of butter and maple syrup.
- Top it with some berries.
- Serve with cold milk.