Last Updated on
I generally make Kosumbari with cucumbers and carrots or Moong dal Kosumbari with raw green mango. This time I made the later one, but was still left with little over 2 cups of sprouts. That’s when I decided to make Khichdi with it in the same line as my Dry Pongal. It turned out great. A complete guilt free wholesome meal which i served with Mushroom Kadhi ( Will be posting the recipe soon).
Few side which go with this khichdi-
- Potato Kurma
- Egg Curry using Tandoori Masala
- Tofu no butter Masala
- Soya chunks and Peas Kurma
- Cucumber raita with coriander mint chutney
- Rice – 1 cup
- Sprouted Green Moong dal- 1 3/4th cup
- Moong dal – 1/4th cup
- Mixed veggies- 1cup ( I used frozen- combination of beans, carrot, peas and corn)
- Whole pepper corns- about 10
- lightly crushed Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 3 chopped
- Chopped Ginger- 1 inch
- Cloves- 4
- Cinnamon stick – 3 small pieces
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts- about 8 (optional)
- Few curry leaves
- Grated coconut- 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsps
- Water- 2 1/2 cups
- Wash the rice, drain the water and keep on the side.
- Take a pressure cooker add the oil. When it gets hot add the cinnamon,cloves, green chilly,cashew, cumin seed and black pepper. Fry for few seconds.
- Now add the curry leaves, ginger and coconut. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the veggies and saute for five minutes.
- Add the sprouted green moong dal and yellow moong dal and mix. Fry for few seconds.
- Now add the rice. and necessary salt.
- Add water, mix and close the lid.
- Cook on a medium heat up to three vissels. Turn off the heat.
- When the pressure goes down, open the lid add the lemon juice and mix. Check for seasoning.
- Sprouted green moong dal khichdi is ready to be served
- Each pressure cooker is different so do use your own judgement while cooking and adding the necessary water for the pongal.
- Adjust green chilly according to your taste.
- Its a dry khichdi. Depending upon how you like, adjust the water.