Last Updated on
Sprouted Green Moong Dal Khichdi is a one pot dish made with rice and lentils. Wholesome and comfort food which can be enjoyed by kids and adults.
This Khichdi recipe is not the soft, mushy kind, which makes for a perfect lunch box dish.
This Moong Dal Khichdi
- easy one pot dish
- is high on protein
- keep you full for long time
- wholesome and packed with nutrients
HOW TO MAKE SPROUTS-
- To make the green moong dal sprouts, wash the dal thoroughly and drain. Add plenty of water to the dal and soak over night or atleast 10 hours.
- Next day drain all the water, transfer the dal to a container and close with a lid. Keep the dal in a dark place.
- After a day open the lid – if the dal looks dry, sprinkle some water on the top. Set a side for one more day
- Next day you will see that the sprouts have formed.
- If you like to have long sprouts, set a side for another 6 hours.
More One pot dishes –
Sprouted Green Moong Dal Khichdi
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 3/4th cup Sprouted Green Moong Dal
- 1/4th cup Moong Dal
- 1 cup mixed veggies ( I used frozen- combination of beans, carrot, peas and corn)
- Whole pepper corns- about 6
- lightly crushed Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 2 to 3, slit
- Chopped Ginger- 1 inch
- Cloves- 2
- one cinnamon stick
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts- about 10
- Few curry leaves
- Grated coconut- 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 1/2 cups
- Wash rice few times and set a side.
- Heat a pressure cooker and add the oil. When it gets hot add the cinnamon,cloves, green chilly,cashew, cumin seed and black pepper. Fry for few seconds.
- Now add the curry leaves, ginger and coconut. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the veggies and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the sprouted green moong dal, moong dal and rice. Add the water and necessary salt.
- Stir to combine. Close the lid and cook the khichdi in medium heat for 3 vissels.
- When the pressure goes down, open the lid add the lemon juice and mix. Check for seasoning.
- Sprouted green moong dal khichdi is ready to be served