- Sprouted Green Moong dal/ – 2 cups ( see below on how to sprout the green moong dal)
- Medium carrot – 1 grated
- Red and green bell pepper- ¼th cup each chopped fine
- Few Cauliflower florets grated
- Boiled chickpeas- ½ cup
- A handful of freshly chopped Coriander leaves
- Fresh grated coconut- 2 tbsps.
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Chana dal – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Green chilly – 3 chopped fine
- Few curry leaves
- Asafatedia- a pinch
- Oil- 3 tsps
Soak the dal for good 8-10 hours. Drain the water ( make sure the dal is just little wet). Put the dal in a container, close it and leave it in a dark place. Let it sit there for good 1 ½ to 2 days. After that they ready to be used.
- Combine the sprouted Moong dal, red and green bell pepper, carrot, cauliflower, coconut, chick peas, coriander leaves, salt and lemon juice in a serving bowl.
- Do the tempering by aheating the oil. When the oil gets hot add the mustard seeds and let them pop.
- Add the chana dal, cuimin seeds, green chilly, curry leaves and Asafatedia. Fry for few seconds.
- Add the tempering to the Moong dal mixture. Mix to combine and serve.