Last Updated on
- Sprouted Green moong dal- 2 cups ( See below how to sprout the green moong dal)
- Green chilly- 3 slit
- Fresh coconut- 2 tsps.
- Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – about 10
- Asafatedia/Hing – a pinch
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- The key in making the perfect sprouts is in the soaking. Soak the dal for good 8-10 hours. Drain the water ( make sure the dal is just tiny bit wet). Put the dal in a container, close it and leave it in a dark place with out disturbing. Let it sit there for good 1 1/2 to 2 days. After that they ready to be used.
- Cook the sprouted green moong dal with some water and 1/4th tsp of salt in a pressure cooker for two whistles. Its should be just cooked through. Not mushy at all.After its cooked drain the excess water. Do not discard the water, use it in sambar or dal.
- In a pan heat the oil, followed by 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds. When the mustard starts popping, add Chana dal and cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds, then add the green chilly, curry leaves, 1/8th tsp of turmeric powder and asafatedia.
- Add the cooked sprouted green moong dal, necessary salt, coconut and lemon juice. Mix and let it cook for another five minutes. Turn off the heat . Tastes best when served warm.
You might also be interested in my other Sundal Recipes:
Black eyed peas Sundal (Alasandula sundal)
My other recipes with Sprouted Green Moong dal-