Last Updated on
Serves – 2 to 3
- Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Green chilly- 3 slit
- Fresh coconut- 2 tsps.
- Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – about 10
- Asafatedia/Hing – a pinch
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Cook the corn kernels in some salted water in a pressure cooker for one to two whistles. Drain the excess water. Alternatively, you can cook the corn kernels in the microwave for four minutes.
- In a pan heat the oil, followed by 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds. When the mustard starts popping, add Chana dal and cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds, then add the green chilly, curry leaves and asafatedia.
- Add the cooked sweet corn, necessary salt, grated coconut and lemon juice. Mix and let it cook for another five minutes. Turn off the heat .
Sending this to Vardhini’s 30 minute meals
You might also be interested in my other Sundal Recipes:
Black eyed peas Sundal (Alasandula sundal)
More Corn Recipes:
Idli upma with bell pepper and Corn