Last Updated on
Best and soft chocolate chip cookies recipe, as the name suggest these chocolate chip cookies have the perfect texture and taste to make these the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Serve the cookies with a cup of cold milk.
Chocolate chip cookies are by far the most popular cookies in the States. These are drop cookies made with a dough composed of flour, white and brown sugar, egg, butter and the star ingredient the chocolate chips.
What makes chocolate chip cookies so popular?
I think their is an emotional attachment connected to chocolate chip cookies. These cookies will remind your child hood days when your grand ma or mom made them for you. Or when you ate at your best friends birthday party or made for a bake sale.
What ever the memory is, when made right these cookies have all the wonderful elements for being the perfect dessert.
They have the prefect texture with slightly crunchy outside and soft inside. The buttery dough, the sweetness from the sugars, the bitterness from the chocolate chips and a hint of salt combined together forms the best cookie you have ever tasted.
This recipe of chocolate chip cookie is adapted from Pinch Of Yum. I have no words to tell how much i adore Lindsay and Bijork. They have one of the best food blogs. Except for small changes, I followed Lindsay’s recipe for the most part.
When we talk about cookies, lets not forget the classic sugar cookies? If interested, please do watch my video on how to make the sugar cookies. While you are there, don’t forget to subscribe for future video updates.
If you are looking for more baked goodies, please do take a look at-
how to keep the homemade cookies soft?
Do not over bake the cookies, remove them when they are still soft.
After baking, let the cookies cool for 2-3 minutes in the tray and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely ( about 15 minutes).
Store in air tight container, if the air gets in the cookies can become hard.
Another classic trick is to add quarter piece of bread inside the cookie container. This helps the cookies absorbs the moisture of the bread and keeps the cookies soft and moist.You may need to replace the bread piece after 3 days.
Getting the dough right is the key to making a perfectly baked cookies.
If the cookies are flat and crisp, that means we need to add more flour. The dough for these flat cookies is generally wet and sticky. So if you have a very sticky dough, then add more flour.
If the cookies didn’t expand during baking or look like a biscuit, that means there was more flour in the dough. These dough is generally hard.
The dough for a perfectly baked cookie should be fluffy, soft but not sticky.
soft chocolate chip cookies recipe with step by step pics
1)Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for 40-50 seconds. The butter should completely melt but it shouldn’t be hot. If the butter becomes hot, leave the melted butter a side for 2 to 3 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
2) Add white sugar and brown sugar to the melted butter.
3) Using a whisk beat the sugar and butter mixture until creamy, about 1 to 1.5 minutes.
4) Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the butter sugar mixture. Whisk for maximum 45 seconds, over beating will make the cookies dense.
5) Now add the flour, salt and baking soda. Using a spatula mix until it forms a dough, the dough should neither be wet or dry. When you take some dough and try to form a ball, it shouldn’t be sticking too much to your hands.
6) If the dough is sticky to touch, add little more flour. you should be able to make ball with out much sticking to your hands. Add the chocolate chips and mix until well incorporated.
7) Take a small portion of the dough and make a ball between your palms. you will get about 12 cookies from this recipe. Bake the cookies in a ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.
8) Do not over bake. The cookies will be soft and pale in color. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in the same pan for atleast 30 minutes before enjoing them.
The Best & Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe
Best and soft chocolate chip cookies recipe
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
, 187.5 gms
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
, 8 tablespoons or 115 gms
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for 40-50 seconds. The butter should completely melt but it shouldn’t be hot. If the butter becomes hot, leave the melted butter a side for 2 to 3 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- To the melted butter, add both the sugars. Using a whisk beat the butter and sugar mixture till creamy. For about 60-75 seconds.
- Add the egg and vanilla and eat the mixture for about 30-40 seconds, not more than that. If you over beat the egg, the cookies can turn hard.
- Now add the flour, salt and baking soda. Using a spatula mix until it forms a dough, the dough should neither be wet or dry. When you take some dough and try to form a ball, it shouldn’t be sticking too much to your hands. If that happens you can add a tea spoon of flour and mix again to get the right texture.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently incorporate with the spatula.
- Roll the dough in to round balls, you should approximately have 10-12 balls. I got 11 cookies out of this recipe.
- Bake the cookies in a un greased cookie sheet ( i used parchment paper, but not necessary). The cookies have enough butter and will not stick to the pan.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes, not more than that. I took them out at 11 minutes. The cookies will look puffy,and when touched it may feel soft. They will be pale and barely have golden color.
- Its very tempting to over bake them. But remove the cookies and let them cool in the same pan for atleast 30 minutes.
- They will sink down, firm up and these soft buttery cookies are ready to be enjoyed.
Few more recipes you make like
more dessert recipes here