Til ke Laddu or Sesame ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet made during winter months and Makar Sankranti or Lohri. This Vegan sweet is absolutely delicious and is made with roasted sesame, peanuts, desiccated coconut and jaggery.
Sharing the easy method of making Til Gul Laddu with out jaggery syrup.
Few more variations of Til sweets – 2 ingredient Sesame Ladoo, Black Sesame Seeds Ladoo and Sesame Almond Burfi.
Depending on the region, Sesame Jaggery ladoo is also called as til ke laddu, til laddu, nuvvula undalu or ellu unde.
Tasty and delicious ladoo which is very simple to make and requires just four ingredients.
Sesame is rich in antioxidants and high in fiber and is a wonderful seed to include in our diet. sesame seeds are full of good fats and they naturally help warm the body during winter months. So during Sankranthi festival, which comes in the month of January Til ke ladoo is made in Maharashtra and many other states of India.
Til Laddu or Sesame Jaggery Ladoo can be made in two different ways –
One way is by melting the jaggery and cooking the roasted sesame in them.
The second method is toasting the sesame, peanuts and coconut and blending them in a mixer jar with jaggery. I like the second method and this is the method I will be sharing today. This procedure gives soft melt in the mouth kind of ladoo.
In addition to making sesame seeds jaggery laddu, I also make these healthy whole wheat flour and nuts ladoo and pista cashew ladoo for my kids
Ingredients needed to make Til ke ladoo –
- Sesame seeds
- Dessicated Coomut
- Jaggery ( I used powdered jaggery)
- Green cardamom pods
How to make Til Ladoo recipe with Jaggery (step by step pics) –
Step 1– Heat a heavy bottomed pan, in medium heat add a cup of white sesame seeds and keep stirring them until they turn light brown. Transfer them to a plate and let cool completely.
Step 2- In the same pan add a quarter cup of peanuts and toast till the peanuts till light golden brown.. Remove and set a side. Once the peanuts cool, gently rub them between your palms to remove the skin. You can skip this step and also use roasted unsalted peanuts.
Step 3– Add quarter cup of desiccated coconut and in low flame toast the coconut till pale brown. Coconut turns brown in the matter of seconds, so keep an eye and roast only in low flame. Let cool.
Step 4 – While the seeds and nuts are cooling, break the jaggery into small pieces. You can also use store bought jaggery powder. A small tip to easily break the jaggery- pop the jaggery in the microwave for 15 seconds about two times, that will help soften the jaggerry and break it easily.
Step 5- Add the cooled roasted sesame in a blender and pulse it two to theree times.
Step 6- Now add the peanuts and coconut and grind to a fine powder. Do not grind in one go, pulse few times mixing in between if not the sesame will release oil.
Step 7- Add the jaggery and cardamom to the ground sesame, peanut mixture.
Step 8– Pulse it few times till the mixture comes together. You may want to mix it in between to avoid the sesame from releasing oil.
Step 9 – Make round balls and enjoy these ladoo in winter months. These stay fresh for up to two weeks and longer if stored in the refrigerator.
More Ladoo recipes from the blog –
Rava Ladoo with Condensed milk
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to give a star rating below. For more recipes and to see what’s cooking in my kitchen, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Easy Til ke Laddu ( with out jaggery syrup)
- 1 cup white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ – 1 cup powdered jaggery
- 2 green cardamom pods
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan add a cup of white sesame seeds and stir them in medium flame until they turn light brown. Transfer them to a plate and let cool completely.
- In the same pan add quarter cup of peanuts and toast them till light golden hue. Remove and set a side. Once the peanuts cool remove the skin. You can skip this step and also use roasted unsalted peanuts.
- Add quarter cup of desiccated coconut and in low flame toast the coconut till pale brown. Coconut turns brown in the matter of seconds, so keep an eye and roast only in low flame. Let cool.
- Now break the jaggery into small pieces or use jaggery powder. A small tip to easily break the jaggery- pop the jaggery in the microwave for 15 seconds about two times, that will help soften the jaggerry and break it easily.
- Add the cooled roasted sesame in a blender and pulse it two to theree times. Add the peanuts and coconut and pulse it few times mixing in between if not the sesame will release oil. Make a fine powder.
- Add the jaggery and cardamom and pulse it again till the whole mixture comes together.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate and form round balls, You will be easily able to form the ladoo's because sesame has lot of oil in it. Just in case you cannot form the ladoo add some ghee to the mixture, mix it well and make the ladoo.