Last Updated on
If interested check out my other Tofu recipes-
Vegan Tofu Bell Pepper Curry:
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook time : 25 min | Serves 4
Author: Madhavi K
Cuisine: North Indian Curry
Recipe Type : Main
Serve with : Nan, Roti and Rice
- Firm tofu – 8 ounces cubed
- Large Green Bell Pepper -1, sliced
- Large tomato – 2 chopped
- Small Onion – 1 chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Garlic cloves- 2 chopped
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 the tsp
- Red chilly powder- 3/4th tsp or to taste
- Kasoori methi- a generous pinch
- A handful of Cashew
- Water- 1 cup
- Oil – 3 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Sugar – 1/4th tsp (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaves- 1 tbsp chopped
- Soak cashew in a quarter cup of warm water.
- Press tofu between the paper towels to remove the excess moisture.
- Season the tofu with some salt and red chilly powder. Set a side for ten minutes.
- In a non stick pan, add a tsp of oil and sauté the tofu until light golden color on both sides. Remove and set a side.
- In the same pan, add a teaspoon of oil and saute the bell pepper. Remove and set a side.
- In a blender add the onion, tomato, ginger and garlic. grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pan. Add the ground mixture and sauté for about five minutes.
- Meanwhile in the same blender add the cashew and the soaked water and grind to a smooth paste. Set a side.
- Now add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and garam masala to the onion mixture. Saute till the oil starts leaving the pan and the water content is completely absorbed.
- Add the cashew paste and cook for another three minutes.
- Add a cup of water and necessary salt. Bring it to a simmer and taste the curry and adjust accordingly.
- Finally add the kasori methi, garam masala, sugar, tofu and bell pepper. Stir gently, reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Add some lemon juice and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve over rice or Indian flat bread (nan / roti).