Vankaya Pachadi is a instant Andhra style Egg Plant chutney. This pachadi is served with rice and a dollop of ghee.
Instant Pachadi are very common in Andhra. We often make it with vegetables and dals. This pachadi is made with long brinjal, onion, green chili and coconut. A tempering of mustard, garlic and curry leaves enhances the taste of the pachadi.
More Pachadi Recipes –
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to give a star rating below.
For more recipes and to see what’s cooking in my kitchen, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Eggplant Chutney | Vankaya Pachadi
An instant pachadi made with thin, long brinjal.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 cup
- 2 long brinjal, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 green chili, slit
- 1.5 tbsp grated coconut
- tamarind to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 garlic pods, roughly sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- pinch of asafoetida
- 2 sliced garlic pods
- To a pan heat oil and add the diced egg plant and sprinkle some salt . Cook till its ¾ th done..
- Now add the onion, garlic, green chili, turmeric and little salt. Cook till onion gets little soft (but still has some crunch)
- Turn off the stove, add the coconut and little tamarind to taste.
- Once the egg plant cools, transfer it to a mixer jar. Pulse it few times to get slightly coarse texture, don't make a paste. Taste and add some salt if required.
- To a small pan heat oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard pops add the urad dal and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and garlic. Cook for 30-45 seconds and add the hing. Turn off the stove.
- Add the tempering to the pachadi and enjoy with hot rice and ghee.
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @MadhusEverydayIndian or tag #MadhusEverydayIndian!
Fingerlicking pachadi, love this vankaya pachadi to the core..
chutney looks super good and yummy
You have a a lovely blog .I am super excited to know the recipe.Thanks madhavi.
wow very delicious pachadi and looks super yumm !!
Love it Madhavi a series of chutney coming from your kitchen yummy….
finger licking pachadi Madhu
Love this chutney. My mother in law makes something similar.
Thanks for posting.
Pachadi looks very healthy and delicious.
First time here and loving your space already. Very happy to follow you.