Last Updated on
- Rice – 1/2 cup
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Whole pepper corns- about 10 and crushed pepper corns – about 4
- lightly crushed Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Chopped Ginger- 1 inch
- Cashew nuts- about 8
- Few curry leaves
- Grated coconut- 1 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Oil- 3 tsps
- Hing – 2 pinches
- Water- about 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- Wash the rice, drain the water and keep on the side.
- Take a pressure cooker add the oil. When it gets hot add the cashew, cumin seed and black pepper. Fry for few seconds.
- Now add the curry leaves, ginger, coconut and hing. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the moong dal and mix. Fry for few seconds.
- Now add the rice. and necessary salt.
- Add water, mix and close the lid.
- Cook on a medium heat up to three vissels. Turn off the heat.
- When the pressure goes down, open the lid add the lemon juice and mix. Check for seasoning.
- Dry pongal is now ready to be served.
- Each pressure cooker is different so please do adjust the cooking time and water accordingly.