Last Updated on
Whole wheat flour and Nuts Ladoo,is a wholesome protein packed nutritious ladoo made with whole wheat flour and nuts.
Also called as aata ladoo, is a delicious healthy snack which can be eaten as a post work out snack or as a afternoon snack for kids and adults.
Ladoo or Laddu is a traditional sweet from Indian Sub continent made with flour, sugar and ghee. Typically made during festivals, weddings and given as prasadam at the temple.
Besan ladoo, rava ladoo, coconut ladoo, boondi ladoo, aata ladoo are some of the very common ladoo’s made in India. Depending on the region, the preparation might differ slightly. Regardless, each ladoo is tasty and unique in its own way.
The recipe I am sharing today is made with Wheat flour, nuts, desi ghee and jaggery. A healthy laddu which can be eaten at any time of the day and cab be made in less than 30 minutes. They stay fresh up to a month.
Wheat Flour and Nuts Ladoo is
— healthy, nutritious and tasty.
— perfect evening snacks for kids and adults.
— a great after work out snack.
Ingredients needed to make Wheat flour and Nuts Ladoo –
- Whole wheat flour ( aata or chapathi flour)
- Dry Coconut ( unsweetened coconut)
- Jaggery ( also called as gur in hindi)
- Ghee ( clarified butter)
- Cardamom Powder
Few more ladoo recipes form the blog –
sesame jaggery ladoo // boondi ladoo // rava laddu // poha laddu // urad dal ladoo //
Do check out my collection of 5 Indian Sweets which can be made in 15 minutes
How to make Wheat Flour and Nuts Ladoo recipe( aata ladoo)
(step by step Photos):
1) Gather all the ingredients and measure them.
2) Dry roast the almonds and cashew in a pan for five to six minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
3) In the same pan add the dry coconut and fry for three to four minutes. The coconut should slightly change color. Transfer the coconut into a bowl
4) In a pan add 2 tbsps of ghee and a cup of whole wheat flour. Mix well and roast the flour in low to medium flame until raw smell goes away. It take about seven to eight minutes. Be patient, and do it in a low-medium flame. The wheat flour should slightly change color. Turn off the stove and set a side to cool.
5) Grate the jaggery or break them into small pieces.
6) In a mixer jar, add the nuts and the cardamom seeds.
7) Grind or pulse it till it becomes powder.
8) Now add the coconut and jaggery to ground mixture and pulse few more times.
9) Grind till the whole mixture becomes fine powder.
10) Transfer the ground mixture into a wide bowl.
Add the roasted whole wheat flour and couple of table spoons of melted ghee.
11) Mix it and form Laddu’s. If you cannot form a ladoo, you may want to add little more melted ghee.
Form medium size laddu’s and store them in tight container. stays fresh upto a month. For more shelf life, store in the refrigerator.
Can I substitute any nuts in the recipe?
Yes, you can use walnuts and pistachio in the recipe.
Can I skip coconut?
Coconut is optional, you can totally skip it.
Can I substitute Jaggery?
You can substitute powdered sugar for jaggery.
But definitely recommend using jaggery in this recipe. Its much more healthier and tasty too.
In north India, jaggery is called gur and these ladoo’s are also referred as aata aur gur ladoo.
Wheat Flour & Nuts Ladoo
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup dry coconut
- 1 cup cashew
- 1 cup almonds
- about 2 cups jaggery (adjust according to your taste)
- 4 cardamom pods
- About 4 tbsps ghee may need more to form the ladoo
- Measure all the ingredients, grate or make small pieces of the jaggery and set a side.
- Dry roast the almonds and cashew in a pan for five to six minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
- In the same pan add the dry coconut and saute for three to four minutes. The coconut should slightly change color. Set a side.
- Wipe the pan and add ghee and the whole wheat flour. Mix well and roast the flour in low to medium flame until raw smell goes away. It take about seven to eight minutes. Be patient, do it in a low-medium flame. The wheat flour should slightly change color. You can taste the flour to see if the rawness is gone. Turn off the stove and set a side to cool.
- In a mixer jar, add the nuts and the cardamom seeds. Grind or pulse it till it becomes powder.
- Now add the coconut and jaggery to ground mixture and pulse few more times.Grind till the whole mixture becomes fine powder.
- Transfer the ground mixture into a wide bowl. Add the roasted whole wheat flour and couple of table spoons of melted ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients and make ladoo. You may want to add little more melted ghee if you cannot form a ladoo.
- Store the ladoo in a closed container in a cool place. stays fresh up to a month. You can also store in the refrigerator for a longer shelf period.