Home made Vegetarian Chili recipe is hearty, delicious, spicy vegetarian stew made with beans, vegetables, spices and some basic pantry ingredients.
- Large onion-1 chopped
- Bell peppers – 2 chopped ( I used one red and one green pepper)
- Celery stalks- 2 chopped
- Medium zuccini – 1
- Jalapeño peppers – 2 or to taste
- Garlic cloves -2 minced
- Corn kernels – 1 cup
- Black beans- 1 cup rinsed and drained
- Kidney beans- 1 cup rinsed and drained
- Garbanzo beans- 1 cup rinsed and drained
- Diced tomato – 1, 15 oz can
- Large tomato- 2, chopped
- Cumin powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder to taste
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsps
- Vegetable stock or water- 2 to 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Spring onions
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot.. Add onion, celery, jalapeño peppers and garlic. Sauté till soft.
Add in the bell peppers, corn, zucchini and mushroom. Cook for five to seven minutes till soft, stirring occasionally.
Add the cumin powder, chilli powder and salt. Cook for 30 to 45 seconds.
Add the canned tomato, chopped tomato, beans and vegetable stock. Bring it to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Check for seasoning and add accordingly.
Serve the Vegetarian chili topped with grated cheese, spring onion and sour cream.