Last Updated on
Zucchini bread with chocolate chips – moist and mildly sweet zucchini bread with nuts and chocolate chips. Enjoy the zucchini bread as a dessert or evening snack.
What is Zucchini and its uses?
Zucchini is summer squash which can be used to cook both savory and sweet dishes.
It looks similar to cucumber with pale and dark green skin.
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable which can be used in salads, soups, as a side dish.and more.
Among which Zucchini noodles are quite popular these days as substitute for pasta.
When it comes to sweet dishes Zucchini is very popular for the famous zucchini bread. This is the recipe I will be sharing today.
Health benefits of Zucchini?
Zucchini has no cholesterol, its high in fiber and its low in calories. For a 200 gms zucchini, you consume about 30 calories, which makes it a favorite vegetable if you trying to keep your weight in control
Few tips on how to make a good Zucchini bread-
The eggs need to be in the room temperature, so leave the eggs in the counter top atleast an hour before your start making the recipe.
Measure the ingredients precisely, to get the right texture and taste.
Zucchini has lot of water, so grate the zucchini only after you have all the ingredients ready. You dont have to peel the zucchini.
How do you make Zucchini bread healthy?
You can replace half of the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
Add apple sauce to replace oil.
Skip the chocolate chips and add more nuts.
To make it Vegan – replace milk with non diary milk like almond milk or cashew milk. You can also use water.
To make it Egg Free – add 1 tbsp of flax seed meal with 2.5 tbsp of water. Let rest for 5 minutes and use it in place of one egg.
To make cupcakes– add the batter into muffin tray with a liner and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
How to make Zucchini bread with chocolate chips ( step by step photos)
Pre heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan (preferably 8 x 4 inch pan).
Grate the zucchini and set a side.
In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, brown sugar,vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
Using a whisk, mix until smooth.
In a medium bowl, combine the all purpose flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine all the ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
Whisk until fully incorporated.
Add the grated zucchini to the wet mixture.
Mix with a spatula until zucchini is well combined.
Finally add the chopped nuts and chocolate chips and combine well.
Transfer the batter to a greased pan.
Bake the zucchini bread for 50-55 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Remove the bread and let it cool in the pan for few minutes.
After ten minutes, remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Enjoy the zucchini bread with a cup of milk or coffee.
Zucchini bread with chocolate chips:
Zucchini bread with chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Baking powder
- 1/2 Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp milk
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan (preferably 8 x 4 inch pan)
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, brown sugar,vegetable oil and vanilla extract.Using a whisk, mix until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all purpose flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine all the ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add the grated zucchini and chopped nuts.
- Using a spatula combine the batter until no lumps are found. Transfer the batter to a greased pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the bread and let it cool in the pan for few minutes.After ten minutes, remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack
- Slice and enjoy the zucchini bread with a cup of milk or coffee.