Zucchini Sabzi – Indian style stir fry made with Zucchini and Indian pantry staples.
This vegan Zucchini sabzi can be served with roti or rice.
What is Zucchini?
Zucchini, also called Courgette is a summer squash from the Gourd family. Dark green in color, it looks very similar to cucumber. It is packed with many nutritional benefits, in particular cooked zucchini is loaded with Vitamin A.
This Indian Zucchini Stir Fry
- is easy to make and loaded with nutrients
- a simple vegetarian side dish made with Indian pantry staples
- comes together in 20 minutes
Step by Step instructions-
Frequently Asked Questions:
You can use it just like you would use a squash. Add it to curries, sambar and stir fry. Zucchini cooks very fast, so keep an eye on it while cooking.
Roti, paratha and rice.
More Indian Stir Fry Recipes –
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and cut to ½ inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 green chili or (use ½ tsp red chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Wash and cut the zucchini to ½ inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add mustard seeds. Once the mustard pops, add urad dal and saute for 30 seconds. Now add cumin seeds and curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chili . Cook for 5 minutes till the onion turns slightly soft.
- Add the zucchini pieces, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.Coat the zucchini with all the spices. Close the lid and cook on medium flame till zucchini becomes soft. Stir in between to avoid burnt bottom.
- Once the zucchini is cooked to your liking, add a pinch of brown sugar and lemon juice. Mix and check for seasoning and adjust the salt.
- Finally add some finely chopped coriander leaves.