The first time I made this I had three taste testers. My 2 kids and my daughter’s friend. When I gave them a piece, the kids almost immediately gobbled up there cake and asked for seconds. If the kid has to ask for seconds, it’s got to be good. I just smiled and we all sat together to indulge the cake.
Moist Chocolate Cake:
- All Purpose flour/ Maida- 3/4th cup + 2 tbsps ( 110 gms)
- Sugar- 1 cup ( 200 gms)
- Coco Powder- 1/4th cup + 2 tbsps ( 30 gms)
- Baking Powder-3/4 tsp ( 3 gms)
- Baking soda- 3/4th tsp ( 3 gms)
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp ( 5 ml)
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Milk- 1/2 cup ( I used 2 % milk) ( 120 ml)
- Egg- 1
- Vegetable oil- 1/4th cup ( 60 ml)
- Boiling Water- 1/2 cup or 1/2 cup of brewed coffee for a strong coffee flavor ( 120 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F ( 175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch pan with butter or cooking spray and dust the pan with flour or coco powder. You can also line the pan with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together till well combined
3. Add milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Beat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes using a electric blender. Add boiling water to the batter and stir in by hand. At this point the batter will be thin.
4. Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before serving.
6. Can be served as is or top it with some whipped cream or enjoy with your favorite frosting.
1. Ensure the ingredients are at room temperature for better mixing. Remove from the fridge about 15 minutes before you start.
2. Level off dry ingredients when measuring.
3.Use the center rack of the oven to cook the cake for even heat distribution.
4. Line baking pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking and to help easy clean up.
Linking this to Vardhini’s Bake Fest event