Best Brownies Ever
Easiest and most delicious brownies made in one pot and under 30 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 pieces
- All Purpose flour- 1/2 cup 60 gms
- Unsweetened coco powder- 1/3rd cup 30 gms
- White Sugar - 1 cup 200 gms
- Eggs- 2
- Butter- 1/2 cup, melted and cooled (115 gms) ( you can also use 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup oil)
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1/4th tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp
- Handful of chopped walnuts optional
Preheat oven to 350 F ( 175 degrees C). Grease a 8 inch square pan with butter or cooking spray and dust the pan with flour or coco powder. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal of the brownies.
In a large sauce pan or in a microwave melt the butter. Do not boil it. Remove from heat. let cool a bit and add the sugar. Mix well.
Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
Add flour, coco powder, salt, baking powder and walnuts (if using). Using a whisk or a spatula mix until well combined.
Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
Store the brownies in a air tight container for up to a week.
1. Level off dry ingredients when measuring.
2. Cool the melted butter before adding the sugar and eggs. If the butter is hot, the eggs will curdle.
3. Use the center rack of the oven to cook the cake for even heat distribution.