Last Updated on
This recipe is from Giada of Food Network. One thing i like about Giada’s recipes are: They are very simple to make and not too many ingredients involved. This dessert has bascially four ingredients to it. It can be also called as a Semi home made dessert. These ravioli can be compared to our Indian Kajjikaya. Instead of maida dough I use wonton wraps and in the place of coconut jaggery I use Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread) and deep fry them.
- Wonton wrappers- 25
- Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)- about 1 1/2 cups
- Few toasted almond pieces (optional)
- Egg / milk to coat the edges of the wonton wrap – 1
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Take a wonton wrap and spoon little bit of the nutella in the center and a piece of almond on top of it.Brush the edges with egg wash or milk. Fold the wrapper diagonally in half and press the sides and make sure the wrapper is sealed on all sides. Keep it on the side. Repeat the same with the other wonton wraps by spreading the nutella and sealing with egg wash.
- Fry the ravioli in the vegetable oil but make sure the oil is not to hot, if not the ravioli will get dark.
- Serve when they are hot with a drizzel of more nutella/ powdered sugar on top and enjoy this sinful sweet.
- The crunchy top with creamy nutella is sure a treat for the sweet lovers.
- Make sure that nutella doesnt come out of the wonton wrap.
- Make sure the oil is not to hot.
- I trimmed my wontons a bit so that all the sides are sealed properly.
- Wonton wraps and Nutella can be found in any American Super market.
- Nutella found near the peanut butter and jelly isle in the super market.
- Wontons are found near the Asian veggie section.