Last Updated on
- Okra/ Bendakaya/ Bendekayi Fry
- Potato Bell Pepper Green Peas Fry
- Bitter Gourd / Kakarkaya/ Karela Fry
- Cauliflower Potato Dry Curry
Tindora ( Dondakaya / Thondekai)- about 20
Large carrot- 1
Large Onion- 1 chopped small
Medium Garlic cloves- 3
Dry/fresh grated coconut- 3 tbsps
Two handfuls of fresh coriander leaves
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4th tsp
Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder to taste
Salt to taste
Lemon juice to taste
- Wash the tindora, cut the edges, slit lengthwise and then cut to small pieces.
- Peel and cut the carrot to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a wide skillet ( I use a non stick pan). Add the mustard seeds, Chana dal and cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds. Then add the curry leaves and onion. Fry for five minutes.
- Add the cut tindora, carrot, salt and turmeric powder. Close the lid and cook in a low flame stirring in between.
- While the tindora is cooking, take a mortar add the garlic cloves, coconut and coriander leaves and Grind them.
- When the tindora is almost cooked, add the ground mixture, garam masala, red chilly powder and tiny bit of sugar. Cook for aother ten minutes in a low flame.
- At the end of the cooking process, tindora carrot mixture should be dry.
- Add lemon juice and check for the seasoning.
- Serve with rice.