Last Updated on
Coriander cashew pesto pasta with veggies–
The Pesto pasta is a great recipe for some one who is bored of eating pasta with tomato sauce. My kids are extremely found of pesto pasta. Pesto sauce is traditionally made with pine nuts or walnuts. Today i used cashew nuts in making the pesto. I prefer cashew, because this is something i always have in my pantry. This is also a great way of adding nuts to your kids diet.
For the greens, i used coriander leaves and basil. The pungent smell of coriander and basil, combined with the mellow cashew goes well in the pesto. I like to slightly roast the garlic before grinding. The raw garlic sometimes can be over powering. If it doesn’t bother you can, you can just use the raw garlic in the recipe. The sun dried tomatoes gives the sweet, tart and the tomato touch to the pesto sauce.
Save quarter cup of pasta water, you may need to use the pasta water if the final pasta is little dry in the end.
Its a dry pasta recipe, so its great lunch box dish. No spilling and no mess. Tastes great both hot and at room temperature.
coriander cashew pesto pasta with veggies video recipe-
coriander cashew pesto pasta with veggies detailed recipe-
- Cooked pasta - 3 cups
- Sliced Onion -1/4 cup
- Broccoli florets -1 cup
- Green peas - ¼ cup
- Cherry tomato -1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves -2
- Olive oi l- 1tbsp
- Red chili flakes -1/2 tsp or to taste
- Italian seasoning-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper -1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- For the pesto sauce-
- Garlic cloves -2
- Sun dried tomato-about 10
- Cashews- ⅓ cup
- Basil leaves-1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves -1 cup packed
- Cook the pasta accordingly to the package directions and set a side.
- To make the sauteed veggies-
- Add the olive oil in a pan. To this add the garlic cloves. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds.At this point you can remove the sauteed garlic and add this in the pesto sauce. I generally do it, because I don't prefer the raw smell of garlic in the pesto. if not you can skip this step.
- Now add the onion, and saute for a minute. Add the broccoli florets and greens peas. Cook for five minutes. Add the red chilly flakes, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt. Mix we'll. Add the cherry tomato, sauce just for two minutes and turn off the heat.
- To make the pesto sauce-
- add the garlic, sun dries tomato, basil, coriander leaves, cashew, salt and pepper in a mixer. Grind it coarsely. Add olive oil and little pasta water (optional). You can add the pasta water if you want to reduce the amount of oil. pulse few more times.
- Add the pesto sauce and the cooked pasta to the veggies. Mix well. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.