Instant Pot boiled peanuts are tasty, delicious snack and they are so easy to make. Perfect snack to enjoy on a game day, by the beach or for tailgating. Best part is that it takes less than an hour to make them in the instant pot. Vegan and Gluten free too!
You will love making these boiled peanuts
- because it needs no monitoring when made in the instant pot
- are a healthy snack to enjoy any time of the year
- a great way to consume peanuts which are full of protein, fiber and good vitamins and minerals.
In India, we used to really enjoy the roasted or boiled whole peanuts served in newspaper cones by street vendors!
Though I miss eating them often….. I never miss an opportunity to buy them here in States when ever they are available.
Lets get to making these boiled peanuts…..
We just need three ingredients to make the boiled peanuts.
- raw peanuts
- sea salt and
1 – Look for any peanuts which are rotten and remove them.
2 – Add plenty of water and wash them to remove any dirt. Repeat this step couple of times to remove all the dirt.
3 – Put the washed peanuts into the inner pot of your instant pot and add sea salt and water. Make sure the water is one inch above the peanut level.
4 – Give a mix and close the lid.
5 – Adjust the valve to the sealing position and press manual or pressure cooker mode. Adjust the time to 45 minutes.
6 – Once the cooking time is up, wait for 30 minutes before opening the lid.
Enjoy the boiled peanuts when they are still warm.
Difference between raw peanuts and green peanuts?
Green peanuts (not green in color, they are brown) are newly harvested peanuts where the moisture content is not removed. The shelf life is low and they are typically consumed in a week to ten days.
Raw peanuts are un roasted peanuts, which are air dried for longer shelf life. These typically take more time to cook.
What seasonings can I add?
shelled peanuts + salt
shelled peanuts + Salt + cajun seasoning
shelled penauts + salt + chili flakes
shelled peanuts + salt + chili flakes + garlic powder
How do we eat the boiled peanuts?
We need to drain the water in which the peanuts are cooked, crack the shell open and enjoy them. You can also slurp out the salty liquid while enjoying the peanuts. Its too good!
Boiled peanuts stays fresh for a day on the counter top.
Up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Store them in some of the water they were cooked in.
Add fresh water to the boiled peanuts and boil for 7-10 minutes and enjoy.
More Instant Pot Recipes –
Instant Pot Paneer Butter Masala
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to give a star rating below. For more recipes and to see what’s cooking in my kitchen, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Instant Pot boiled peanuts
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 1 lb raw peanuts in shell please check the note
- ¼ cup salt ( I used sea salt)
- enough water to cover about one inch above the peanut level
- red chili flakes or cajun seasoning (optional) to taste
- Look for any peanuts which are rotten and remove them.
- Add plenty of water and wash them to remove any dirt. Repeat this step couple of times to remove all the dirt.
Instant Pot boiled peanuts –
- Put the washed peanuts into the inner pot of your instant pot and add sea salt and water. Make sure the water is one inch above the peanut level.
- Give a mix and close the lid. Adjust the valve to the sealing position and press manual or pressure cooker mode. Adjust the time to 45 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, wait for 30 minutes before opening the lid.
- The cooking time may vary depending on the quality of the peanuts used. I used the peanuts which I got in local Indian store and cooking for 45 minutes with natural pressure release gave perfectly cooked soft peanuts.
- Enjoy the boiled peanuts when they are still warm.
Stove top boiled peanuts-
- Add the washed peanuts, salt and water to a large pot. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 2 hours until the desired level of softness.
- Make sure there is plenty of water while cooking.
I love boiled peanuts….
Boiled groundnuts is healthy food and also tastes good.