Last Updated on
Simple Egg curry recipe- Simple and delicious egg curry with made with a base of onion, tomato, garam masala, red chilly powder and milk. It is also popularly called baida curry.
Please do check out my new youtube cooking channel where i share simple, healthy short videos- Madhu’s Everyday Indian
Eggs are extremely versatile and all over India, the eggs are cooked in different curries with spices and herbs. This has to be one of the very simple egg curries you will ever make with easily available ingredients at home. This curry has a perfect blend of spicy, sweet and creaminess in it. Its spicy with the addition of garam masala and red chilly powder, slightly sweet with the addition of onion and tomato, and the creaminess comes from milk or cream.
Serve this simple egg curry with hot nans and rice.
If you are interested check out my other egg recipes-
- 4 to 5 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and cut in half
- 1 large onion, thinly chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- ½ tsp garam masala or to taste
- ½ tsp- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- ⅛th tsp sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsps milk or cream
- 3 - 4 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps oil
- salt to taste
- a handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- a dash of lemon juice (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin starts to brown, add the onion, turmeric powder and a pinch of salt.
- Cook till the onion turns soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add in the ginger and garlic paste. stir and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomato and cook till mushy.
- Add the tomato paste and salt. Mix well.
- Add the garam masala and red chilly powder. Cook till the gravy gets little thick.
- Pour the milk or cream, water and sugar. Mix and cook for two minutes.
- Place the eggs in the curry and gently mix. Heat through and finally add the coriander leaves and lemon juice.
how to make simple egg curry recipe with step by step pictures:
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the cumin seeds.
2.When the cumin starts to brown, add the onion, turmeric and a pinch of salt.
3.cook till the onion turns soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. And in the ginger garlic paste, mix and cook for a minute.
4.add the tomato and cook till mushy
5.Once the tomato are soft and mushy, add the tomato paste and mix.
6. add the garam masala, red chilly powder and salt.
7. cook till the gravy gets little thick.
8. pour the milk or cream, water and sugar (if using). Mix and cook for a minute.
9. place the eggs in the curry and gently mix. Heat through and finally add the coriander leaves and lemon juice.
Serve the egg curry with hot nan and rice.