(Makes about 10 pieces)
- Semolina (Sooji, Rava)- 1/2 cup
- Water-1 1/2 cups
- Sweet condensed milk (or adjust acc to ur taste)- 3/4th cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) -2 tsp
- Cardamoms pods finely powdered -2
- Little bit of saffron and
- A handful of cashews and raisins
- In a skillet put half teaspoon of ghee and fry the raisins and cashews till light golden color. Remove and keep it a side.
- In the same pan put half teaspoon of ghee and lightly toast the rava in a low heat and keep it a side.
- Now take 1 1/2 cups of water and saffron (slightly rub the saffron in your palm, it helps it melt in the water easily) and let them come to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and slowly add the toasted rava and stir continuously for five minutes.
- When it starts to thicken, add the condensed milk stirring continuously and making sure the rava doesn’t stick the pan.
- Cook for another five minutes. Then finally add one teaspoon of ghee, cashews, raisins and the cardamom powder.
- Coat a tray with some ghee and pour the Sooji halwa in the tray. With the help of ghee spread the halwa and let it sit for few minutes.
- This helps the halwa to thicken. Then cut into desired shape and serve your loved once.