Last Updated on
Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup:
- Sweet corn, cream style- 14 oz (410 gms)
- Sweet corn kernels, boiled – 1 cup ( can be substituted by frozen corn )
- Carrot, finely chopped- 1/4th cup
- Cabbage, finely chopped – 1 cup
- Green beans, finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- Corn flour/ corn starch- 2 tbsps
- Vegetable stock/ water – 4 to 5 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- White/ black pepper powder- 1/4 th tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Chopped Spring onions
- Green chilly / red chilly sauce
- In a heavy bottomed vessel add the vegetable stock, cream style sweet corn, cabbage, carrot and beans. Mix well.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook till the veggies get soft.
- Add in the sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn flour with four tbsps of water. Add it to the soup stirring briskly till the soup thickens.
- Serve the Sweet Corn Vegetable soup garnished with green onions.
- You can also add in chilly sauce for some heat and lemon juice to cut through the sweetness of corn.