Mango Lassi is a creamy and tasty Indian drink made with mango and yogurt. A very popular summer drink which tastes rich and decadent.
Sharing the recipe of mango lassi which is sweetened with dates.
What is Lassi?
Lassi is a traditional Indian drink made with yogurt, fruit and milk. It can be either sweet or savory.
Mango lassi is made with fresh mango, yogurt, milk, cardamom and sugar. Today I am replacing sugar with soft dates.
Dates are extremely nutritious and are naturally sweetened without any added sugar. Dates are my go to ingredient to sweeten up lassi or smoothie.
If you visit a Indian restaurant, mango lassi is something you will always find in the menu. In the restaurants mostly canned mango pulp is used.
But during mango season I highly recommend using fresh ripe mango to make the mango lassi.
Ingredients needed to make Mango Lassi:
Step by Step Instructions:
Wash and peel the mango and cut to chunks. Add the milk, yogurt, mango, pitted dates, pinch of cardamom, few ice cubes and little water to a blender. I used my Vitamix to make the lassi.
Blend all the ingredients until smooth and pour into glass and garnish with pistachio and saffron (optional).
Serve the lassi immediately or store in the refrigerator till ready to serve. Stays fresh for 2 days. Serve the lassi garnished with crushed pistachio and saffron.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Use mango which is ripe and less fibrous.
yes, mango pulp can be used.
Sugar or honey
Yes, use ¾ cup greek yogurt.
More Mango Recipes
If you tried this Edamame Curry, do share your feedback in the comment section below. For more recipes, follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Mango Lassi with Dates
- 1 ½ cups ripe mango cubes ( or use 1 cup mango pulp)
- 1 cup plain thick yogurt ( not sour)
- ½ cup cold milk
- 3-4 soft pitted dates
- ¼ cup water
- few ice cubes
- 1 pinch cardamom optional
- crushed pistachio and saffron for garnish (optional)
- Wash and peel the mango and cut to chunks. Add the milk, yogurt, mango, pitted dates, pinch of cardamom, few ice cubes and little water to a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. If the lassi is too thick for your liking add some more milk or water.
- Pour the mango lassi into glass and garnish with pistachio and saffron.
Leave a Reply