Last Updated on
- Broad beans – about 2 1/2 cups
- Medium tomatoes- 2 chopped
- Medium onion- 1 chopped
- boiled black chick peas- 1/2 cup
- Ginger- 1/2 inch cut to small pieces
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chille powder- 1/2 to 3/4th tsp (add acc to your spice level)
- Lemon juice and Salt to taste
- Coriander for garnish
- Sugar- 1/4 tsp
Wash and peel the sides of the broad beans and cut into small pieces.
Now take a pan add 3 tsps of oil and do the tempering by adding mustard seeds. When mustard starts popping add 1/4th tsp each of the chana dal, urad dal and cumin seeds and few curry leaves. Fry for few seconds and add a pinch of asafatedia. Now add the onion, ginger and garlic pieces and cook for five minutes.
At this point add the broad beans , turmeric and salt. Mix well. Close the lid and cook in medium heat. When the Avarekai is about eighty percent cooked add the tomato, boiled black chick peas, sugar, cumin, coriander and red Chile powder. Mix well. Cook for anotherten minutes in a low frame. Finally add the lemon juice and coriander for garnish.
Serve with Chapathi.