Last Updated on
Easy to prepare carrot cupcakes with nine ingredients in it. These carrot cupcakes are moist and have a hint of sweet cinnamon flavor in them.
If you are looking for more cupcake recipes, check out my nutella brownie cupcakes,
chocolate chip banana cupcakes.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar ( can reduce 1-2 tsps of sugar, if you don’t prefer too sweet)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots (heaped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- slivered almonds/chopped almonds – 1/4th cup (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F or 175 C
- Line the muffin tin with 12 cup cake liners
- In a bowl add the flour, cinammon, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and the oil using a electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar and beat for three minutes. Add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry ingredients using a spatula, then gently fold in the shredded carrots.
- If using the almonds, add in now and gently mix.
- Spoon the combined batter in the cupcake liners until it reaches ¾th of the liner.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean (Do not over bake the cupcake, if not the cupcakes can get hard)
- Let cool slightly and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Enjoy the cupcakes with a cup of milk.
- Can be served warm or cold.
- I used 1 cup of sugar and we thought it was slightly towards the sweeter side. you can reduce 1 to 2 tsps of sugar, if you prefer less sweet.
- I baked half of the cupcakes with out nuts and the other half with the nuts.