Last Updated on
Comforting and easy curry made with mushroom and corn. Serve with nan or rice of your choice.
A perfect make ahead recipe which is a savior for busy week night dinner.
This is a easy version of the very popular mushroom curry which we get in the Indian Restaurants.
What makes it fast and easy is – there is no grinding to make the garvy or the masala.
The combination of mushroom and corn is not a typical combination you would have tasted. But trust me they both go very well in the recipe. I also added red bell pepper in the curry, but it is totally optional.
Check out my other Indian Curry’s –
- White Mushroom – 8 oz pack or about 15 mushroom’s
- Corn- 1/2 cup
- Red Bell pepper ( or any color ) – 1 diced
- Medium onion-1
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ripe red medium tomato- 3
- Tomato paste – 1/2 tsp ( optional, but will definitely enhance the taste of the curry)
- Coriander powder- 3/4 th tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Red chilly powder- 1 tsp or to taste ( used kashmiri red chilly powder)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 th tsp ( a must in the curry for the bright color)
- Cinnamon stick -1 (optional)
- A Generous pinch of Kasoori methi ( do not skip this)
- Milk- 1/4 cup
- Cream- 3 tbsps
- Oil- 3 tbsps
- Water- 1.5 cup or as required
- Butter -1 tbsp
- Salt to taste and
- Lemon juice to taste
- In a pan add a tbsp of oil and sautee the mushrooms for barely 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set a side.
- In the same pan add the rest of the oil and a tbsp of butter. When the butter melts add the cinnamon stick, thinly sliced onion, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder and a pinch of salt. Sautee for few minutes till onion turns soft.
- Now add in the dry spices- coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and red chilly powder. Toast these spices in the onion mixture for 30 seconds. Now add the red bell pepper and corn sauté for two minutes. Add in the diced tomato and the tomato paste. Cook till the oil oozes out of the tomato.
- Add the milk and water. Mix well and check for the seasoning. If you feel you need more salt or spices add in now. Now add the sautéed mushrooms. Mix again and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the kasoori methi and cream. Cook for another two minutes and turn off the heat.
- Finally add in some lemon juice and Serve the Mushroom Corn Curry with nan/ roti or Jeera rice.