Last Updated on
Red Chori ( azuki beans) sundal is a healthy sundal recipe made with cooked red chori which are seasoned with a tempering of mustard seeds, green chilly and coconut.
This month will mark 7 years of me being apart of the blogging world. I have tried so many new recipes in these years. Not sure if I would have experimented as much if I was not a blogger. I thoroughly enjoy exploring different ingredients and recipes. One such recipe I did yesterday was making sundal with Red Chori/ Azuki beans. The taste is pretty similar to green moong dal. Even my little one enjoyed the sundal and asked for seconds. Here goes the recipe…
Serves 3 to 4
- Dry Red Chori / Azuki Beans – 1 cup
- Green chilly- 3 slit
- Dry Red chilly -1
- Fresh coconut- 2 tsps.
- Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/4th tsp
- Curry leaves – about 10
- Asafatedia/Hing – a pinch
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Soak the green peas in some water for 4 hrs. After they are soaked, add half tsp of salt and pressure cook the red chori till soft but still holding its shape. Drain the water from the red chori. do not discard the water, can be used in sambar
- In a pan heat the oil, and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard starts popping, add chanada dal, cumin seeds,dry red chilly,curry leaves and the green chilly. Fry for few seconds, then add the hing.
- Add the boiled red choli, coriander powder, 2 tsps of coconut, salt to taste and lemon juice. Mix. Finally add some chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
You might also be interested in my other Sundal Recipes:
Black eyed peas Sundal (Alasandula sundal)
Mixed lentil Sundal