Soft Medjool Dates stuffed with 8 different kinds of fillings. A delicious sweet treat which can be enjoyed as a snack or serve them as part of a dessert platter.
If you love dates, then you will also like these desserts which are sweetened with dates. Mango lassi with dates, Coconut Ladoo, Almond Chocolate Truffles, No Bake Cookie Dough Bars and Almond Flour Cookies.
Dates are the fruit of Date Palm Tree. They are nutritious, naturally sweet, and high in fiber. Dates are a delicacy of Middle East and are used widely across the country.
Dates can be used in both savory and sweet dishes. While the savory stuffed dates are delightful, today I am sharing the sweet version.
Fresh and juicy medjool dates are stuffed with nut butter and topped with crunchy nuts, and melted chocolate. They are creamy, nutty, sweet and just melts in your mouth.
Ingredients needed to make Sweet Stuffed Dates:
Dates – I used fresh medjool dates
Nut butter – either almond butter or peanut butter or both can be used. If allergic to nuts, use seed butter like sun flower seed butter.
Nuts – used almonds, walnuts and pistachio.
Chocolate – I used dark chocolate wafers. They are thin and beautifully melt in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Medjool dates are the most commonly used dates. They are soft and plumpy and are very tasty.
You can use peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter.
You can use Seed butter.
You can fill it with nut butter and store them in a air tight container for up to 3 days in advance. Add the toppings before serving.
- Pick dates which are fresh and juicy.
- Pick nuts which are fresh and doesn’t smell funny.
If you tried these Stuffed Dates, do share your feedback in the comment section below. For more recipes, follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Stuffed Sweet Dates Recipe
- medjool dates
- almond butter as needed
- peanut butter as needed
- chopped almonds as needed
- chopped pistachio as needed
- walnuts as needed
- sesame seeds as needed
- pomegranate kernels as needed
- melted chocolate as needed
- flaky salt (optional)
- Use a knife to slit the dates in the middle and remove the pit. Chop the nuts, and melt the cholate in the microwave.
8 Filling Options –
- With the help of a small spoon. fill the date with almond butter and top it with pomegranate kernels.
- Fill the date with peanut butter and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.
- Fill the date with almond butter and add chopped almonds on the top. If desired you can drizzle with some melted chocolate.
- Stuffed the dates with lot of chopped pistachio.
- Stuff the dates with walnuts and drizzle some melted chocolate.
- Dip half of the medjool date with melted chocolate, stuff it with nut butter and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Stuff the dates with peanut butter and drizzle some melted chocolate and top half with pistachio.
- Stuff the date with almond butter and top it with pistachio.
- If you are a lover of chocolate you can drizzle all the dates with melted chocolate. To balance the sweetness add a pinch of flaky salt.
- You can use all toppings or just pick your favorite ones.
Leave a Reply