Last Updated on
Lunch box ideas, Lunch box recipes, afternoon snack idea for kids is something every mom is in hunt for. It becomes extremely challenging at times to make the kids like it and eat it. Do try this Gunta Ponganalu, I am sure your kids will fall in love with it. As much as i loved Gunta Ponganalu as a kid, my kids seems to adore it as well.
Gunta Ponganalu is a very popular evening snack in Coastal Andhra.Its also a popular breakfast recipe in south indian cuisine. They are also called as Paniyaram or kuzi paniyaram. All you need is some left over dosa batter and some simple ingredients which are easily available in our pantry.
These tastes great when eaten right out of the skillet. So works beautifully as an evening snack.
I have packed these for lunch box as well. Just make sure they cool down before you pack for lunch box. If not they will become saggy.
Full video of how to make gunta ponganalu recipe-
- Left over Dosa batter – 2 cups
- Chopped medium onion- 1
- Chopped Green chilly- 2
- Grated carrot – 2 tsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Salt to taste and
- Oil to grease the skillet
- Use a skillet which has been seasoned well and used in the past. If not the ponganalu will stick to the skillet.
- Also cook in low-medium heat, if not you will end up having the raw batter in the middle.
few more snack recipes-