Jaggery Juice also called as Gur ka Sharbat is a cooling and refreshing drink made with jaggery, lemon and mint.
Gur is the Hindi name for jaggery and Sharbat is a sweet drink. So Gur ka Sharbat translates to a sweet drink made with jaggery. In India it is consumed in the summer months to cool the body and to beat the heatwaves.
Jaggery- powdered organic jaggery or any kind of jaggery will work
Cold water – the juice tastes best when made with cold water
lime – I prefer lime in this recipe, goes very well with jaggery.
Black Salt – also called as kala namak ( do not skip)
Step by Step Pics to make Jaggery Juice:
If using block of jaggery, soak it in water till it melts. Strain to remove any impurities.
I used powdered organic jaggery, so used it directly to make the juice.
Add the powdered jaggery, cold water, mint, lime and black salt to a blender.
Blend until jaggery is completely dissolved. Taste and adjust lime.
Transfer the jaggery juice to a cup and top with mint leaves and ice cube. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator till ready to be served.
Frequently Asked Questions –
It is available in Indian stores and Amazon.
1 teaspoon of ginger juice and crushed black pepper
More Summer Recipes –
Jaggery Juice (Gur ka Sharbat)
- ¼ cup powdered jaggery ( I used organic)
- 10 mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon black salt ( kala namak)
- 2 cups cold water
- ½ lime
- If using block of jaggery, roughly powder it and soak it in little water till it completely melts. Strain to remove any impurities.
- I used powdered organic jaggery, so used it directly to make the juice.
- Add the powdered jaggery, cold water, mint, lime and black salt to a blender.
- Blend until jaggery is completely dissolved. Taste and adjust lime.